Monday, July 14, 2014

This medicine makes me sick and that's ok

There is this medication that I am taking to help me not drink alcohol.  When I do consume any amount of alcohol I become very ill. The problem with this is that the medication doesn't differentiate between types of alcohol. Example : Regular deodorant has alcohol in it, I put in on and a few minutes later I am sick to my stomach and I need to lay down. So far I have found that I will need to replace the following products I use on a daily basis: Dish soap, deodorant, shampoo, all my hair products, all of the lotions for my face and body, shaving cream, and body wash. at first I super agro about it and then I stopped and did a thought record that my therapist had given me. after doing the thought record and a cost/benefit worksheet from another group therapy, i realised that i will be saving money by replacing all of these products, future finds and the new medication instead of going to get drunk. so financially it is a sound idea, emotionally , and  physically also. But, until pay day I will be a smelly, dry skinned, giant frizzy haired, hairy legged lady with dirty dishes. Oh well, I can live with that

No comments:

Post a Comment